Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The age old fear of aging...

"Why some teens behave recklessly"

I haven't looked at the actual study yet, but I think this is interesting.

One aspect that the article doesn't say they looked at or not, is what percentage of teens act recklessly (however they defined it)? If it is more than 15%, which I think it would be in order for the generalization that teens are reckless to come to be, then it begs the question why do the other population of teens act recklessly?

I wonder because I certainly did act reckless, but never was pessimistic about my likely lifespan. I could say, though, that I didn't want to grow old and feared it. Perhaps that is not particularly teased out in this study...

Or perhaps we built up the generalization based on 15%, which would be a sad statement for us. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment